Descrizione Progetto


Porta Felice was erected in order to link two important streets of Palermo. It took its name in honour of the viceroy’s wife, Donna Felice Orsin. It was built from 1581 and 1637, even if two fountains were added five years later. For almost three centuries it became the protagonist of the city life. Throuh its pylons many leaders did their triumphal entry, long processions passed and the triumphal chariot of Saint Rosalia paraded during the traditional days of the festivity. Unfortunately, during the Second World War, a bomb destroyed the right pylon, that was rebuilt after the end of the conflict.